Thursday, May 17, 2018

GALDUR INTERVIEW

03-MAY-2018
STORMWIND FANZINE
GALDUR INTERVIEW

SW: Thank you for accepting our interview. I must say that personally I am really in Dungeon Synth music these days and there are so many of musicians who are doing this type of music. Well, we can’t reach all of them but we should pick the best ones. I believe that Galdur is in this best ones list. Ok, first question. Please tell us about how and when you start to create this music? 

- It started from Severoth. I formed it in 2007 and started to do music at all in 2008. In that time Severoth was only ambient project and i just recorded tracks for myself. Some of those tracks was more “fantasy” based than rest of material. Eventually i had 4 songs like that composed in different times of 2010-2013. And then it became “Born by Stars and Moon” album of Galdur. I didn’t have internet then so i just wanted to create some fantasy inspired music for home listening and playing RPG’s. That’s how “Galdur” was formed. And only then in end of 2013 i heard Mortiis first time and then Arath’s debut album.

SW: This question is from the Age of Legends album. There is a man repeating a sentence in the first song Lord of Iron Fortress. Which language is he talking and what is he saying? 

- English. It’s Saruman lines from LOTR movie. İt said “The New Power is Rising”. “Iron Fortress” is translation of Orthanc so this track is dedicated to Christopher Lee as only true Saruman. Lord of Iron Fortress.


SW: Personally, Age of Legends is my favorite Galdur album. From the first song to last song, I can feel the dark depths of Mordor in my mind. The inspiration is surely Lord of the Rings trilogy but the question is, what made you to choose this concept for this album? 

- I just did what i’d like to hear myself. I love LOTR and album was inspired by Tolkien alot, but also by other fantasy books, D&D, computer RPG’s like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

SW: What are the reactions to your music from all around the world? Are you getting positive feedbacks from the dungeon synth fans? Tell us about fans opinions please. 

- I think yes. I get some positive feedbacks. But i don’t really follow DS scene. You know, since i have several projects (Severoth, Bezmir, Morok and Galdur) i receive many feedbacks about all my albums. Some positive and some not. I like to read them of course but i do all music for myself at first place – so if i glad with result – it’s enough for me.


SW: Is there a posibilty for die hard fans to have LP versions of the albums? Especially Picture Disc will be amazing. What do you think? 

- It will definitely happen someday. We already started to release my albums on vinyl. First one was Bezmir – VOID released in 12” Vinyl this March. Preparations for vinyl release takes around 6 months and alot of effort so process is slow. But “Age of Legends” will be on vinyl definitely.


SW: Which season of the year is the best one for being creative for you? Spring, summer, autumn or winter. Please tell us why? 

- I don’t really pay big attention to this. I do music all the time and get inspired from any weather or season. I just work with different projects. To do quality album you must work many months with it.


SW: Please tell us about the place and its atmosphere that you live where you are creating your art. 

- You know. Since “Age of Legends” release i moved twice already and also i moved before “Age of Legends” so places around me changes alot. All the “atmosphere” is in my head and always with me. Now i live in Dnipro again. I have separate “music room” when all my instruments and gear stored. I work there on my albums.


SW: It looks like all that charming album covers are created by the same artist. Might that be you or if not who is then? 

- Covers for all my albums created by Unholy Darkness. She is my wife. She created covers for other bands in the past. Currently she is tattoo artist but still creates covers for me.

SW: These are our questions bro. Anything to add? 

- Be yourself

https://galdur.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/galdurofficial 

No comments:

Post a Comment